Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

The College Investor Audio Show

Oct 15, 2019

Does your spouse owe past-due taxes, late child support, alimony payments, or have delinquent Federal student loan debt? If so, all of the money from your joint tax return could be garnished to meet those obligations.

But as a married person filing jointly, you have some recourse against this. You can file IRS Form 8379: Injured Spouse Allocation. This form allows the injured spouse (that is the person who doesn’t owe the payment) to get a certain portion of the refund back. Read on to learn how it works.

Read the full blog post here >>